Clever Suggestions for Sheltering in Place
With life at home as our new normal, many of us are finding that the “slowdown” that’s been forced upon us can be a wonderful blessing in disguise. Now is the time to indulge yourself in a hobby or interest you hadn’t found time for. Or, you can fit in that project that had been relegated to the “when I get to it” category. With family members together more than usual, you may find that your relationships are blossoming and you’re all reengaging in the simple things in life.
We thought we’d offer some suggestions on ways to make the most of your time at home. We hope some of these will spark an interest for you:
- Start a virtual book club with weekly video meetings.
- Interested in adopting a new pet? Now’s a great time for training and bonding.
- Purge! Look for things you can donate.
- Take an online virtual tour of America’s National Parks.
- Or, take a digital tour of world-famous museums such as The Louvre or The Smithsonian.
- Find your next dream home with The Luckys’ virtual open houses.
- Try a new fitness routine with free online classes or YouTube videos.
- Uno, Life, Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, Pictionary…you’ve got the idea.