Community Connection: Spotlight on Gabriel’s Angels
WHAT THEY DO:
Gabriel’s Angels was formed nearly two decades ago to deliver healing pet therapy to at-risk children, nurturing their emotional development and enhancing the quality of their lives forever. Its pet therapy services inspire confidence and compassion in children that may not have a life experience that has granted them with an overall sense of well-being, safety or happiness.
The therapy teams, consisting of an owner and their registered therapy dog, visit children in homeless shelters, crisis nurseries, group homes, and after-school programs in at-risk neighborhoods. The nurturing spirit of the animals is instrumental in developing the desirable behaviors of trust, empathy, and respect within the children the program benefits, and a goal of Gabriel’s Angels is to offer learned social skills that can lead to a happier, productive future for the kids.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Donate with a one-time donation, become a monthly donor, leave a legacy or donate in honor of, or in memory of, a loved one (human or animal) in your life.
- Volunteer as a Pet Therapy Team.
- Volunteer as a Helping Hand which serves to assist the therapy team.
- Volunteer to serve on a committee for events and fundraisers throughout the year.
- Volunteer to work in the office on administrative tasks.