Community Connection: Spotlight on Gigi’s Playhouse
WHAT THEY DO:
“GiGi’s Playhouse is a one-of-a-kind achievement center for individuals with Down syndrome, their families, and the community. GiGi’s Playhouse offers more than 30 therapeutic and educational programs that advance literacy, math skills, motor skills and more; all of which are free of charge.
Programs are created by professional therapists and teachers who generously donate their time and expertise. All programs are based on best practices for learning styles specific to Down syndrome, and customized to ensure individual success.”
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
There are so many ways to get involved, from donations to volunteer opportunities:
- Donate funds and receive a place on their Giving Tree wall
- Attend a fundraising event such as the I Have A Voice Gala or Rock the Playhouse
- Host your own event to benefit the playhouse such as a lemonade stand or dance-a-thon
- Donate items on their wish list
- Volunteer and interact with the kids in their weekly programs
- Be a literacy tutor
- Help in the administration office, or with the upkeep of the facilities
- Volunteer at their numerous special events throughout the year
- Honor a loved one by naming an area of the playhouse