Community Connection: Spotlight on Military Assistance Mission
WHAT THEY DO:
With a multitude of programs and giving initiatives, Military Assistance Mission (MAM) provides financial and moral support to Arizona’s active duty military, their families and post-9/11 Purple Heart recipients. Financial support includes paying for items such as rent, mortgage, car payments and insurance, and utilities for their lowest-ranked service members.
Military Assistance Mission offers programs such as:
- Financial Assistance
- GIGG – This GI Gap Grant helps transitioning active duty and reserve service members with financial aid for the gap in between service and college while waiting for the first GI Bill payment to come in.
- Seats for Soldiers – The Arizona Cardinals and the Arizona Diamondbacks provide specials seats and recognition at a game.
- Ticket Program
- Sanderson Ford Classroom – MAM holds free classes for service members, veterans and their spouses with a variety of topics from financial guidance and tax preparation, to resumé writing, car maintenance, and more.
- Back 2 School – Every summer MAM organizes a drive to collect school supplies for military children in Arizona to ensure that they are able to go to school in the fall with the same supplies as their civilian classmates.
- Operation Holiday Open House
- Holiday for Heroes
- Work for Warriors – MAM partners with, and helps facilitate employment, with veteran-friendly companies whose goal is to hire heroes.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Volunteer, donate, sponsor, or support events such as:
- Tour of Duty Charity Ride – this year on March 9th
- Golf Classic
- Chips 4 Troops Casino Night – this year on March 15th
- Freedom Breakfast
- Hats for Heroes