As we’re beginning to emerge from our homes and mindfully reengaging with society, there seems to be a common thread among us: the desire to explore and a newfound appreciation of the simpler pleasures in life. While the safety of air travel is still iffy, the Arizona Office of Tourism is inviting Arizona residents to “Rediscover Arizona” in its current marketing campaign. Here, we share with you the suggestions and inspiration to reconnect, explore, and re-experience the bounty of activities and sights right here in our own backyard. For photos, links and travel advisories, visit LetsSeeAz.com
REDISCOVER WIDE-OPEN SPACES
Arizona’s sunny days and scenic landscapes are a perfect pair for any outdoor enthusiast. Whether you prefer to tour your trails on legs, wheels or hoofs, Arizona has plenty to keep you moving amid the fresh air at your own pace.
- Secret Arizona Swimming Holes Worth the Hike
- Trails within Arizona State Parks
- Hit the Open Road: 5 Off-Road Trails
- Hiking in Arizona’s Playground, Lake Havasu
- Take the Long Way ‘Round Itinerary
REDISCOVER ROAD TRIPS
Some journeys begin with a single step. Others require wheels. The following itineraries will help you plan a road trip that takes you from small-town streets to the unique landscapes of our parks.
- 4 Great Motorcycle Rides Through Arizona
- 5 Arizona Ghost Towns You May Have Never Heard Of
- Arizona’s West Coast Road Trips
- Get Your Kicks in Arizona Itinerary
- Big City, Little Pleasures Itinerary
While we cherish “Home Sweet Home,” it’s time to step out and rediscover your city or one nearby with a much-needed staycation.
- Staycation Deals: Scottsdale
- Staycation Deals: Phoenix
- Staycation Deals: Tucson
- 48 Hours in Jerome and Cottonwood
- 48 Hours in Prescott
- 48 Hours in Bisbee
Whether you prefer to sleep in a tent, cabin or RV, camping can reconnect you with family while you disconnect from technology. When you’re ready, just pick your view: snow-crusted mountains, white-water rivers, lush pine forests or red-rock buttes.
- Campsites and Cabins at Arizona State Parks
- Arizona’s Secret Campsites
- Scenic Lake Havasu Campgrounds
- Campgrounds Kids Will Love
During stressful times, it’s important to practice self-care. Nature, quiet, beauty all calm the mind and help the body recharge.
- Contemplative Spots in Arizona
- Arizona’s Greenest Spaces
- Arizona’s West Coast Vortexes
- Arizona’s Girlfriend Getaways