Scottsdale Ranks as the Top Hotspot in the Nation for Relocations
People all across the country are moving. Some are moving into homes in their same neighborhood. Many move to different cities in their own home state, while others relocate to another state completely. Some move from a big city to a smaller town and vice versa of course.
HireAHelper.com, an online resource for comparing and reserving moving services, released their comprehensive report on U.S. moving trends for 2019. With data from over 25,000 moves booked through the site last year, they have identified exactly how and where people are migrating.
It comes as no surprise to us to learn that Scottsdale ranked as the No. 1 city for relocations with twice (108%) as many people moving in versus moving out. We can surely understand why!
Some other interesting findings from the study include:
- With Scottsdale at the top of the list, nearby Mesa ranked as No. 5 – bested only by Durham, NC, Sarasota, FL, and Jacksonville, FL.
- As for the state of Arizona overall, 25% more people moved in than out, resulting in a state ranking of No. 4. Idaho was No. 1 (42%), followed by New Mexico (41%), and Maine (35%).
- The large cities of New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, and Los Angeles all lost more residents than they gained.
- Smaller cities tended to have the bigger gains with more folks moving in than moving out.
- Most people moved to a place within their same county (62%).
- 1 in 6 (16%) chose to find a new home across state lines.
- 1 in 8 (13%) of all out-of-state moves were moves to Florida.
- 20% of all moves in the U.S. happened on a Saturday.
- 35% of all moves took place in the summer months.
With Scottsdale ranked at the top for resident net gains, you may be wondering what the demand may mean for your home’s value. Contact us today to find out detailed information. Not only can we tell you your home’s estimated sale value, we can relay typical time frames for sales in our area, how to market your home to stand out, and more.
Reach us at Lucky@RussLyon.com or 602.320.8415.